Saturday, March 3, 2007

Andrew

In my last couple of posts on sarahvthompson.blogspot.com, many of you found out that I have been dating a great guy named Andrew Browne.

I have even better news for you: Four months later, we're still together!

Yes, I know that there were some of you who were doubtful because it seemed to come out of nowhere (and I won't mention any names), and others of you who were supportive albeit a bit skeptical because you know my relationship history (Tara, cough, Amy, cough, cough). But I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that things have been going really well.

At Christmas Andrew came back to Fort McMurray with me for about a week and got to spend some quality time with my family and I. He got the approving nod from Grandma, and my Aunt Una practically wanted to adopt him. My mom and dad are pretty crazy about him, Jenny is really glad that he's in engineering and can't wait to hang out if she move's down here next year, and Pete enjoys watching Numbers with Andrew and talking about chess.

During the Family Day long weekend Andrew and I drove down to Medicine Hat to visit with his family. I had some good "girl" talk with his brother Adam, alot of fun playing games with Mr. Browne, and some good "get-to-know-you" chats with Mrs. Browne. So far his family seems to like me (Mr. Browne even kissed me on the cheek to say good-bye!), and I'm looking forward to more opportunities to get to know them (i.e. this summer when they're in Edmonton for a month!).

With Andrew in school this semester and me working, it's been a pretty big adjustment, and sometimes it's pretty hard to get some quality time together when one of us isn't distracted with work/school or is exhausted from a long day. Hopefully I'll get accepted to law school at U of A for the fall, and then at least we'll be at the same place for most of the week.

So there's my not so short update on my relationship with Andrew.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey Froggie! Glad to hear life is lookin up for ya. Holla Andie baby!
Love ya,
G - Ontario

Sarah aka the Frog said...

Grace!

So nice to hear from you :)

I see you've got yourself a blog now too;) I look forward to reading your posts, etc.

I hope things are going well for you too.