Saturday, March 10, 2007

The F-word

I got some bad news yesterday...

The U of A has denied my application for admission into law school for this fall, and so the dreaded f-word, that is the FUTURE, has been plaguing my mind for the last 12 hours or so.

Getting a "NO WAY, HOSEA!" from U of A doesn't mean that there isn't any chance for me to go to law school this fall. Thankfully, I heeded the wisdom of my parents this past fall and applied to UBC and U of S too. All this means is that if I am to go to law school in the fall, it won't be here in Alberta.

If you read my last post about Andrew and I, you can see right away why the possibility of being out of the province for at least 3 years has me pretty bummed out. Okay, more than bummed out---severely disappointed is probably a better way to put it.

But at the same time, there's a small part of me that's kind of excited (but don't tell Andrew) about the possibility of living on my own for awhile and living somewhere totally different. It would be an adventure where my only true companion is God. As God is teaching me more in my walk with Him, this is something that I'm actually excited about, instead of dreading.

So while my future this fall seems pretty uncertain, and has the potential to be really hard, I'm definitely glad that God is in control of things...I just have to keep reminding myself that He knows what's best for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah I am so proud of you and how you are able to work these tough issues throug. It is truly a sign of maturity and while disappointing news can sometimes be devastating it is also these kinds of events that build character in us. As you work this through and your perspective on things begins to change you discover that God lifts our eyes to a higher sight and we realize that he has been equiping us for these times. I believe that God has some wonderful things in store for you so keep trusting Him.

Dad!!!